As students progress, continued training is required to challenge them so that they continue to advance their skill set. Defensive pistol takes all that you have learned in our defense series and applies it in a more dynamic and stressful environment. This course is not for beginners, it is for students who have become proficient with their weapons and tactics and are looking to take their skills to the next level.
Students will be required to have successfully completed Battle Axe Tactical’s Defense Series, and be ready to demonstrate their proficiency to BAT’s qualified instructors.
– 450 rounds of FACTORY ammunition (NO RELOADS)
– Personal handgun, a modern pistol in good working order (weapons will be inspected for quality and safety before entering the shooting range)
– AT LEAST 3 magazines (recommend 4 or more)
– Hat with brim
– Eye protection
– Ear protection
– Quality holster (it is recommended to bring all holsters you intend to use for defensive carry)
– Sturdy belt (at least 1.5 inches thick)
– Magazine holder (adequate means of holding spare magazines)
– Weather appropriate clothing (long pants and comfortable shoes/boots are required, no open toed shoes)